What are reputable sources saying?
You can read tons of articles online and get almost nowhere with various sources saying to go one way or the other – or even do both.
The American Academy of Pediatrics is a very reputable source and here’s what they have to say on the matter: breastfeeding is the best choice for infants.
A few pointers to keep in mind before attempting to breastfeed your newborn child:
• Premature and sick babies should also be breastfed.
• Adoptive mothers should also breastfeed.
• Breastfeeding should be done anywhere from 8-12 times per day.
• Each session should last roughly 20-30 minutes, with 10-15 minutes on each breast.
• The advantages of breastfeeding far outweigh the negatives.
• Dr. Torbati can offer you personalized family planning advice in Tarzana tailored to your specific needs.
Advantages and Disadvantages to Breastfeeding
If you’re concerned with costs – did you know breastfeeding is the least expensive way to feed an infant? Well, it is. There are many other natural advantages to breastfeeding over the alternatives.
Visit our website to learn more about Dr. Torbati’s advantages and disadvantages to breastfeeding.